- September 12, 2017
- Posted by: soscbaha
- Category: Home Page, News
Social Science Baha
is seeking to hire researchers to work on the research project
Expertise, Labour and Mobility in Nepal’s Post-Conflict, Post-Disaster Reconstruction: Construction, Law and Finance as Domains of Social Transformation
being conducted in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
Number of position: Three
Term: Thirteen (13) months on a full-time basis (17 November 2017 – 16 December 2018)
Duty Station: Social Science Baha, Battisputali Kathmandu, with the requirement of fieldwork in selected earthquake-affected districts.
Salary: NPR 28,000 per month
– Each researcher will conduct research on one of the three topics: construction, law, and finance, and prepare a case study report. Research will require fieldwork in rural areas, as well as document analysis and meetings with relevant agencies in Kathmandu and district centers.
– Researchers will work under the supervision of senior researchers from Social Science Baha and other collaborating institutions from Nepal, Canada, USA and Denmark.
– Researchers will be expected to submit regular updates in English and participate in regular team briefings by email and Skype.
– Master’s degree in any social science discipline
– Demonstrated ability to write research papers in English will be an added advantage.
Please go here to download the application form and guidelines on the application process.
Application Deadline: 26 September 2017
Selection process will consist of both written test and oral interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the later stages of the selection process.